50th Annual Alabama National Fair Photography Contest
Exhibition of Amateur, Student, and Professional Photography
Sponsored jointly by The Montgomery Professional Photographers Association, The Capitol City Camera Club, and The Alabama National Fair & Agricultural Exposition
ALL PRINTS WILL BE DISPLAYED ON THE 2ND FLOOR COLISEUM HALLWAY.
Printable Photography Information: 2018 PHOTOGRAPHY INFORMATION
Printable Photography Entry Form: 2018 PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRY FORM
A first, second, third place, and honorable mentions may be awarded in each category within the divisions.
*Best of Show – The print jury will select a Best of Show in each of the Advanced, Novice, and student divisions. A cash prize and ribbon will be awarded.
*High Point Total – A cash prize and ribbon will also be awarded for the High Point Total in each division.
*Advanced – For the serious hobbyiest, those that have competed and won in this and other print competitions, and those pursing business.
*Novice – Those that are new to photography and new to competitions.
*Student – Must be enrolled as a full time student in grades K – 12.
An entry fee of $30 will be charged for each person entering in advances, novice, or student divisions.
|O2||Still Life/Foliage/ Macro|
|O8||Still Life/Foliage/ Macro|
|14||Still Life/Foliage/ Macro|
The Alabama National Fair Exhibition of Photography is open to all advanced, novice, and student photographers in this area who will agree to exhibit under the following rules:
- ALL PRINTS MUST BE PERMANENTLY MOUNTED ON 16″x 20″ MOUNTBOARDS ONLY. THE MINIMUM SIZE OF THE PRINT ITSELF IS TO BE 8″ X 10″. Prints may not be framed or stretcher mounted on masonite or canvas. Prints under glass are not eligible. Student entries may be covered with clear plastic for protection. Permission for other size mountboard may be authorized may be authorized by committee. (NO FRAMES ALLOWED.)
- Entrant must verify that he/she has created, composed, and made the original exposures within the past 24 months, and that the photograph has not been exhibited before in an Alabama National Fair Exhibition of Photography.
- The maximum number of entries allowed will be five per exhibitor. The person entering the photographs must make the selection of the division & category, and this selection marked on the back of the entry.
- Previous awards must be removed from the face of the print. NAMES MUST NOT APPEAR ON THE FACE OF THE PRINT OR MOUNT.
- The entrant must place his/her name, address, and the title of the print on the BACK UPPER LEFT CORNER of the print along with proper certification that he/she has complied with rule 2 above.
- The print juries will select the prints to be hung in the exhibition from those submitted by the announced deadline and will make all selections for prizes. Every effort will be made to hang entries. However, the Alabama National Fair and MPPA reserve the right to refuse any entry or reassign a category if needed.
- For the exhibitor’s protection, all prints should be delivered or shipped in boxes or envelopes to protect the print and properly identified with entrant’s name and address. Prints must not have hangers or any other projections on them, which would cause damage to other prints during handling or judging.
- Only one person’s entries will be allowed per case.
- Entries must be shipped prepaid or delivered by hand.
- All entries must be received no later than 3 p.m. Thursday, September 13, 2018 at Totalimage (Capitol Filmworks), 909 Forest Ave. Montgomery, AL 36106.
- Out of town and local entries must be picked up at Totalimage (Capitol Filmworks), 909 Forest Ave., Montgomery, AL 36106 during business hours no later than October 30th or will they be discarded.
- Entry Fees must accompany prints to be exhibited. Checks must be made out to “The Montgomery Professional Photographers Association.”
Reasonable care will be used at all times in handling entries, but entries will not be insured. Neither the Montgomery Professional Photographers Association, its Agents, the Kiwanis Club of Montgomery, the State of Alabama will be responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever.
Print judging date, time and location will be on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/AlFairPhotographyCompetition. Print judging will be open to all entrants.
ENTRIES NOT PICKED UP BY OCTOBER 30, 2018 WILL BE DISCARDED.