FORTY-FIRST ANNUAL SCHOOL ART SHOW
First Place: $40
Second Place: $25
Third Place: $15
Division 1 (7th – 9th Grade)
1. Opaque (acrylic & oils)
2. Water Color
3. Drawing (pencil, charcoal, & ink)
4. Color Drawing (pastel, color pencil)
5. Sculpture in the Round, Relief
6. Mixed Media
7. Print Making (etching, wood, Block printing, etc.)
Division 2 (10th – 12th Grade)
8. Opaque (acrylic & oils)
9. Water Color
10. Drawing (pencil, charcoal, & ink)
11. Color Drawing (pastel, color pencil)
12. Sculpture in the Round, Relief
13. Mixed Media
14. Print Making (etching, wood, Block printing, etc.)
(Entry Fee $5 each)
1. Artist must be student in grades 7th – 12th.
2. Artist will be limited to a total of three (3) entries with a fee of $5.00 per entry.
3. Artist will be limited to one entry per class.
4. Artist will have to make entries online. Artist may start enter their entries starting on August 15th and online deadline is September 15, 2019.
5. Paintings, drawings, or prints must be either framed or matted and wrapped in acetate or entry will not be accepted. No saw tooth hangers or pre-fab attachments allowed. Size of entry may not exceed three (3) feet by three (3) feet, including sculptures.
6. All work must be original and completed entirely by the artist within the year (since the 2016 Fair). Copies of paintings, kits, or any work that has been exhibited previously in the Fair will be disqualified.
7. The Fair reserves the right to refuse entries. Entries will be exhibited according to space available.
8. All rules of the Fair apply to this show.
9. Reasonable care will be used at all times in handling entries, but entries will not be insured. Neither the Alabama National Fair, the Kiwanis Club of Montgomery, nor the Garrett Coliseum Redevelopment Corporation will be responsible for any loss or damages whatsoever.
10. Judging by a qualified judge will take place before the Fair opens.
ENTRIES AND PICK UP EXHIBITS
11. Artwork will be accepted on Thursday, September 26th and Friday, September 27th from 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on the second floor of the GARRETT COLISEUM. Enter at the North Parking Lot and go up the ramp to second floor of the Coliseum.
12. Entries must be identified with pre-printed entry tags once the art is entered online. The entry tags will be printed in the Fair Office and artwork will be tagged upon arrival at the Fairgrounds.
13. Entries may not be removed from the exhibit until Tuesday, October 15th, between 3:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. If artwork is not pick up by 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, October 15th, artwork will be discarded.
14. School not wishing to submit entries online need to contact the Fair Office and speak with Stephanie Pittman to make other arrangements.