Rules of Exhibit
(Rules Subject to Change)
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
- Entries (limit – two per artist) may be paintings, drawings, or sculpture in any media and should be no more than two years old.
- Only ORIGINAL work is acceptable. Copies of paintings or drawings will be disqualified. Computer manipulated photographic art will be accepted. Traditional photography should be entered in the Alabama National Fair photography exhibition.
- Any work that has been previously exhibited in the Alabama National Fair Art Exhibit will be disqualified. Entries will be exhibited according to space available.
- The Judge and the Alabama National Fair & Agricultural Exposition, Inc. reserve the right to refuse entries.
- Contestants must be 18 years of age or older by January 1, 2021.
- Reasonable care will be used at all times in handling entries, but entries will not be insured. Neither the Montgomery, Prattville, Wetumpka Art Guild, management of the Alabama National Fair, the Kiwanis Club of Montgomery, nor the City of Montgomery will be responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever.
- All eligible entries will be judged for awards. A qualified judge will make the selections for cash awards before the opening of the Fair. No prize will be awarded in the absence of a quality entry.
An entry fee of $10.00 for each piece will be charged to Art Guild members of Montgomery, Prattville, Wetumpka Art Guilds. An entry fee of $15.00 for each piece will be charged to non-members artists.
Members and Non-members may submit two (2) entries.
All two-dimensional art must be suitable for hanging and measure no more than 4X4 feet due to limited hanging capabilities. Two – Dimensional art must be framed. Screw eyes and wire for hanging must be firmly attached to the back. Matted works should be matted in white, off-white, and black mats only. Small prefab attachments and saw tooth hangers are not permitted. 1 3/4 gallery wrap canvas is accepted as long as it has finished sides. Sculpture must be on a pedestal stand provided by the artist. SCULPTURE SIZE LIMITS ARE 4X4 FEET.
DROP OFF AND PICK UP
- Artwork will be accepted on Monday, October 4th and Tuesday, October 5th, from 12 (Noon) to 2:00 p.m. in the Garrett Coliseum. Enter on Federal Drive, park in the North Entrance Parking Area, walk up the ramp to the 2nd level Coliseum.
- NO ENTRY WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER TUESDAY, OCTOBER 5th AT 2:00 P.M.
- IMPORTANT! NO ACCEPTED ARTWORK MAY BE REMOVED FROM THE EXHIBIT UNTIL MONDAY, OCTOBER 18TH, BETWEEN 3:00 P.M. TO 5:30 P.M.
- All work must be picked up by 5:30 p.m., Monday, October 18th; there will be a $5.00 surcharge for any late entries not picked up.
- Artist will have to make entries online. Please click here. Online deadline will be Friday, September 17, 2021.
- Art Competition reception will be held on Wednesday, October 6th from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm located in Garrett Coliseum. Enter on Federal Drive, park in the North Parking Area, walk up the ramp to the second floor.